UK aid complaints policy

If you are considering raising a serious concern or making a complaint about any aspect of our work, please do get in touch. We want to hear about your experience so that we can learn from it and improve things.

How can I complain?
If something goes wrong or you are unhappy with an aspect of our work, your first course of action should be to raise your complaint informally with the person concerned. They will often be able to put things right quickly.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the initial investigation into your complaint and you feel the matter has not been resolved, then you can make a more formal complaint.

Contact us by letter as follows:

UK Aid Direct
Universal House
Queen’s Parade Place

Contact us by email as follows: (opens in a new window)

How we deal with complaints

The complaint will be dealt with by the head of practice. We will commit that:

  • Your complaint will be investigated thoroughly
  • Your complaint will follow an agreed procedure
  • Your complaint will receive a full response within the shortest possible time
  • Your complaint will be recorded, monitored and used to inform and enhance future practice.

We will:

  • Respond in writing within three working days acknowledging receipt of your complaint
  • Investigate your complaint and send you a written response within fourteen working days of receiving your complaint.

There may be occasions when there is a delay in response times due to the length or type of investigation. If this is the case, we will let you know.

We will always inform if we choose not to respond to a complaint at all. This may occur when:

  • The complaint does not relate directly to something that MannionDaniels has done or it relates to something that we cannot comment on
  • Someone pursues a complaint that has already been investigated in line with MannionDaniels’ complaints procedure. In this case we may choose not to reply again.
  • A complainant is being abusive, prejudiced or offensive
  • A complaint is incoherent or illegible.

If after receiving our response you feel that your complaint hasn’t been adequately addressed, you can send it to one of our Board members at: (opens in a new window), where the same procedure and timings as above will be followed.