Invitation to join the Jo Cox Memorial Grants panel discussion
UK Aid Direct is hosting a panel discussion on the Jo Cox Memorial Grant on Tuesday 27 March – 10:00am-12:00 BST. This session, accessible by webinar will focus on theme 1 of the grants: Women’s social, economic and political empowerment through supporting women-led civil society.
This thematic area aims to encourage civil society to take an integrated approach to gender equality and empowerment – to tackle the combined and simultaneous disadvantages girls and women experience.
The discussion will include:
- What are the key challenges in making a meaningful contribution to strengthening women led civil society?
- What kinds of opportunities exist and can be improved for networking, training and adding value?
- What sort of challenges do grant holders face and how can we overcome them?
- How we can support organisations to overcome the barriers they face in accessing funding?
The discussion will be moderated by Ben Latto, Head of DFID’s Civil Society Team and the panel includes:
- Theo Sowa – CEO, African Women’s Development Fund
- Musimbi Kanyoro – President and CEO, Global Fund for Women
- Dr Narmeen Hamid – Strategic Advisor, AmplifyChange
- Hala Al Karib – Regional Director, Strategic Initiative for Women in the Horn of Africa
- Jo Cooke – DFID’s Gender Equality team
The webinar (link opens in a new window)is open to anyone wishing to find out more and ask any questions about this funding opportunity.
We also encourage you to help shape the panel discussion by submitting questions in advance. Please send any questions or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23 March.
Grants of up to £1,000,000 will be available through UK Aid Direct. Full details on eligibility criteria, how to apply for the funds, and guidance materials are available on UKAidDirect.org. Applications can be submitted from Wednesday 4 April.