A note for the diary
Small Charities Challenge Fund applicants: join (or follow) our live SCCF guidance Q&A this Friday 15 June at 2:00pm (BST) with deputy fund director Karen Stephenson.
Follow our Twitter account (opens in a new window) and tweet questions using hashtag Q&AidDirect or email UKAidDirect@manniondaniels.com
To find out if you are eligible for an SCCF grant and how to apply, visit our dedicated SCCF pages here.
The UK Aid Direct team has been notified of a course designed for organisations considering applying for a UK Aid Direct grant and other DFID-related funds.
The course is entitled: DFID essentials: funding mechanisms, policies and priorities.
Run by BOND – the UK membership body for non-governmental organisations (NGOs) working in international development – the course will be held on 3 days in London:
- Tuesday 1 May 2018
- Monday 25 June 2018
- Tuesday 16 October 2018
If you are considering applying for a Community Partnership, Impact or Jo Cox Memorial grant in the current funding round, we would recommend attending the workshop on 1 May.
By the end of this course you are expected to be able to:
- explain DFID’s strategy and priorities clearly and confidently to others in your organisation
- describe the range of funding mechanisms DFID offers and where to find out about these
- compare different funds and identify those your organisation could apply for
- describe key approaches organisations need to follow when working with DFID including theory of change, logical frameworks, value for money, beneficiary feedback, adaptive management
- identify key steps your organisation must take to be ready to apply for DFID funding
To find out more and book your place see BOND’s website here (opens in a new window).