3 new Community Partnership and Impact grant holders announced
UK Aid Direct is pleased to confirm the names of 3 charities and non-governmental organisations to be awarded grants in the second UK Aid Direct funding round. These are in addition to the previous 30 announced on 29 May 2018.
Community Partnership grant holders Disability and Development Partners (DDP) will be working to support a women-led project in Nepal, aimed at helping women with disabilities to establish accessible livelihood activities. Through this work DDP aims to reduce poverty, improve household health and improve education outcomes among the women.
Impact grant holders, ActionAid Rwanda will be addressing sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) and gender-based violence in Rwanda. Girls in 4 districts in Rwanda will be trained in SRHR, women’s rights, leadership, life skills and income generating activities, enabling them to become ‘change agents’.
Impact grant holders, Concordis International, will be working to end modern-day slavery in the Central African Republic. The project will establish conflict management mechanisms to resolve local tensions between nomadic pastoralists and settled farmers before they escalate to violence.
An estimated 8,546 marginalised people will be reached through these grants.
Each of the organisations have now been allocated a performance and risk manager who will support and monitor the projects, to ensure they meet their objectives and milestones.
An updated list of grant holders for this funding round is included below, organised by project focus area:
- Agriculture: APT Action on Poverty, Farm Africa
- Child Protection: HealthProm
- Conflict Prevention: Saferworld
- Disability: AbleChildAfrica, British and Irish Agencies Afghanistan Group, DeafKids International, Humanity and Inclusion, Disability and Development Partners (DDP)
- Education: Alliance of Religions and Conservation, Irise International, Joshua Orphan and Community Care UK
- Ending Modern-Day Slavery: Anti-Slavery International (2 projects), ChildHope UK, Concordis International, Street Child
- Health: ActionAid Rwanda, Cyan International, Fred Hollows Foundation, Orbis UK, The Worldwide Hospice Palliative Care Alliance
- Family Planning: African Initiatives
- Livelihoods: African Initiatives, Y Care International
- Nutrition: Karuna Mission Social Solidarity, PHASE Worldwide, Send a Cow
- Social Accountability: Raleigh International Trust
- Violence against Women and Girls: Railway Children
- Water and Sanitation/Hygiene: Pump Aid, Measham Family Christian Foundation (WellFound)
Further information on the Community Partnership grant holders and Impact grant holders is available to view.
The next UK Aid Direct funding round has now closed to applicants. Interested organisations can register to receive UK Aid Direct news.