UK Aid Direct has reached more than 3 million people, through 147 grants, across 31 countries (February 2018), providing transformative support to some of the world’s most marginalised populations.
UK Aid Direct grant holders work within a range of sector areas, including:
- building the capacity of civil society organisations
- water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- health and nutrition
- violence against women and girls
- ending modern day slavery
- livelihoods and income generation
- family planning
- conflict prevention
By providing support to grant holders, UK Aid Direct aims to establish sustainable partnerships to create lasting change, leaving no-one behind.