About Impact grants
A UK Aid Direct Impact grant was a funding opportunity of between £250,001 and £4,000,000 and for medium sized, non-governmental organisations which were:
- Registered in the UK or
- Registered in one of the lowest 50 countries in the United Nations Human Development Index (UN HDI) or
- Registered in a country that the UK government considers to be of high or moderate fragility
- With an average annual income of less than £10 million per annum for the past three years.
Projects could be set up in one or more eligible country. These were:
- Made up of the lowest 50 countries in the UN Human Development Index (HDI) or
- Countries the UK Government considers to be of high or moderate fragility.
Length of projects were between three and five years.
When applying for an Impact grant, applicants were required to submit an initial concept note through the online portal. If successful, they were invited to submit a full application.
A total of 52 projects have been funded, for work delivered in 23 countries.